Heard or read an interesting word recently that you think we might like? Let us know!
Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- It should be a real word, verifiable in an online dictionary. Linking to a dictionary entry in your post, while not required, will expedite the approval process.
- English language words only, please. Words not in standard usage—slang and old-fashioned or obsolete words—are acceptable.
- The submission should include the definition, and, if possible, a pronunciation and etymology.
- Include any possible alternate spellings.
- Please ensure that the word you are submitting has not yet been posted. Since the Search box does not search for part of a word, you may have to try alternate inflections or spellings.
- Word Journal’s resident lexophiles are all busy hunting down amazing words, so we can’t guarantee your submission will be posted in a timely manner, but we’re trying!